Spring Wardrobe Staples

I harp on about 'Wardrobe Staples' all the time but you know what, they really are worth all this conversation because they are the foundations to creating a chic and wearable wardrobe.  Today I've teamed up with The White Company to bring you my Spring Wardrobe Staples.  There are four pieces which I absolutely can't live without come Spring and they are items which will stay in your wardrobe for years to come, classics.  Versatility is the key to a good wardrobe staple but quality is a factor you should always look for when picking them.

The White Company is a brand I've shopped with for years, our home is full of their interiors, from our bedding to home fragrance in pretty much every room.  The quality that we see in their interiors is also something which spans throughout their clothing collections and I jumped at the chance to create this post with them.  As a brand they embody a lot of the qualities that I myself look for especially when hunting out my wardrobe staples; minimalism, quality and luxury.  Having seen their entire Spring collection I noticed how they pay such incredible attention to detail with each garment.  Design elements such a vents, back pleats and curved hems; all aspects which might seem insignificant and may be overlooked but in fact, it's these details which not only finish a garment but determine the fit and how it sits when worn.

This post is a paid collaboration with The White Company

1. THE TRENCH COAT

There are very few clothing items which can truly be considered 'classics' but a trench coat sits firmly in that box.  It's the ultimate Spring essential which can be layered over pretty much anything; workwear, dresses or a casual jeans and t-shirt combo in which the trench will instantly elevate the look.
Made from 100% Tencel this trench drapes and flows beautifully as you move and the elasticated waist feature keeps the shape when worn open.

2. THE BASKET BAG

Probably the biggest trend to emerge from 2017 and it's here to stay.  Don't think basket bags are just for the beach or for wearing in the height of Summer, no no, these textured accessories are a great addition to your Spring wardrobe and can be worn with anything.

3. THE CHINOS

I'm such a denim girl but come Spring I ditch those jeans and reach for the chinos.  The beauty of a pair of chinos is that they can be smart and casual, and versatility is the key to a good Spring staple.  Made from 97% cotton with a touch of stretch, they're not only comfortable but incredibly flattering.

4. THE LINEN SHIRT

A less-sharp twist on the classic button up, the linen shirt is an item I can't live without.  It's an everyday piece which I pair with anything from jeans to chinos.  It can work equally as well as a Spring/Summer update for your workwear wardrobe.  The half button design make this an easy piece to throw on, unbutton the top few buttons and roll up the sleeves for a more relaxed feel.

Trench Coat - The White Company

Linen Shirt - The White Company

Chinos - The White Company

Basket Bag - The White Company

Choker Necklace - Holly J

Long Necklace - Holly J

Sunglasses - Ray Ban

Trainers - Kurt Geiger

Comments

1. 20th February 2018 / 1:11 pm

I’m so in love with the chinos/trench combo! I think I need to get down to the White Company! Love how you’ve styled this whole look x

• 10th April 2018 / 2:03 pm

“they don’t have a huge range, but that’s what I love so much about it, it’s well curated with well made and quality essentials x

2. Eva-Maria
    20th February 2018 / 2:25 pm

you never fail to make such a beautiful outfit out of basic pieces! Simplicity truly is the key 🙂

3. sylwia lalji
    20th February 2018 / 3:20 pm

I have never worn the trench coat in beige only in black . I am really tempted to get this one now , so flattering detail on the back . 🙂

• 10th April 2018 / 2:06 pm

It’s a beautiful fabric too, very fluid in motion unlike some of the more structured trench coats. It’s really beautiful x

4. Dorine
    20th February 2018 / 3:35 pm

Love the natural fabrics ♥️ and this simple and fresh look ♥️. I wish the White Company had a store in The Netherlands! X

• 10th April 2018 / 2:08 pm

Ahhhh yes such a shame you don’t have one, their home goodies are the best too x

• 10th April 2018 / 2:09 pm

I TOTALLY AGREE! Such a classic that every woman should have in their wardrobe x

• 10th April 2018 / 2:25 pm

Agreed tenfold Shloka 😉 x

5. Danish Pastry
    20th February 2018 / 4:31 pm

I love the way it’d be really difficult to lose the belt on the trench coat. A small detail, but very important (take it from one who has lost belts when the weather warms up enough to leave the coat open!).

• 10th April 2018 / 2:32 pm

I’m with you there, I’ve fallen victim to a straying belt over the years and it’s a pain in the ass x

6. minschka
    20th February 2018 / 5:49 pm

hey,

the link to the basket bag doesn´t work. however, it works for the other items.

technical issue or just country based? m from germany.

x

• 20th February 2018 / 6:41 pm

I think it’s because the basket bag is late being added to the site, the link will work once it’s on the site, they had a few issues with getting the stock in time x

7. Gemma
    20th February 2018 / 8:28 pm

Love this – such a cute bag, just as long as there’s room for the emergency Snickers!

• 10th April 2018 / 2:33 pm

A bag doesn’t even come near my wardrobe if it doesn’t meet that criteria 😉 x

8. 20th February 2018 / 9:43 pm

I love this entire outfit and can’t decide which piece I love the most! Can just imagine myself wandering the streets of St Trooez with that bag over my arm though… *sigh*!!

• 10th April 2018 / 2:35 pm

Oh sod it let’s just go shall we?! We can skip through the streets with our basket bags, mine of course, filled with ‘Emergency Snickers’ 😉 x

9. 22nd February 2018 / 11:16 am

This is such a nice outfit! I have spotted a few basket bags in Zara that I have my eye on!

10. Kelsey Jane
    24th February 2018 / 1:38 am

That linen shirt is everything: I love its simplicity and how light weight it is. The openness at the collar adds a bit of sexiness to it too. <3

• 10th April 2018 / 2:36 pm

You can’t beat a linen shirt, such a classic x

11. 24th February 2018 / 11:07 am

such a classic but timelessly cool look – I’m yet to find the perfect trench coat for me but this looks like one to try!

Laura | roseandweston.blogspot.co.uk

• 10th April 2018 / 2:39 pm

Deffo give it a try, the fabric is so fluid, it’s beautiful as it moves x

12. 26th February 2018 / 7:59 pm

That bag is amazing!! I have been obsessed with those kind of bags for spring season. I really want to find one in black but that tan basket bag from The White Company looks beautiful.

• 10th April 2018 / 2:40 pm

I’m sure I’ve seen one in black somewhere….now think Emma think, where was it? hmmmmmm

13. Julia
    10th April 2018 / 10:11 pm

Hi Emma,

Just wondering if you get your clothes tailored, specifically your Anine Bing Madeline Blazer?

Do you think with high end items your paying a lot so they should be perfect or that most things need to be tailored to suit diff shapes.

Thanks so much x

• 11th April 2018 / 7:48 am

I don’t ever need to get any blazers or trousers tailored, for me I love the oversized fit so if something down’t have that then I just don’t buy it. I have had a could of pair of vintage Levis tailored as it’s cheaper than buying Re\Dones but that’s it x