Sneaker Diaries: City Girl

I'm back with another edition of the 'Sneaker Diaries'.  Following on from last week's post I thought I'd show you guys how wearable these new trainer styles are.  Today's sneaks are the 'Linford' trainers from Kurt Geiger, they come in a few different colour ways but this look was all about the classic and very sporty black and white combo.  I'm a city girl through and through and although my job isn't the "norm" I do often have to spend a few days a week running around the city; heading to meetings, running errands, collecting samples and occasionally doing a spot of shopping.  It's on these days that I instantly reach for my trainers.

Let's break down today's look....it's still Winter so a huge coat is definitely still required and as I wanted this look to be pretty simple I've kept the coat as such.  A classic black wool coat can do wonders for your wardrobe and it goes with absolutely everything.  Teamed with a polo neck jumper and some slim fitting jeans in a lighter wash of denim just to brighten it up, this is a very standard day to day outfit for me.  To add some character this FRIDAY cross body bag (perfect for being hands free on the go) was the perfect accessory and ties in nicely with the monochrome look of the trainers, they make quite the perfect pairing.

As always with my Sneaker Diaries posts I'm going to give you guys the break down of the trainers.  Various new technologies in the footwear world are allowing brands to make such light footwear and when it comes to trainers that is definitely a design element which I look for.  These 'Linford' trainers are incredibly light, which makes them perfect for running around the city all day.  But let's face it, it all comes down to style at the end of the day and they are sleek, modern...in fact they remind me of the trainers from Back to the Future II and on trend.

Trainers have always been a huge part of my wardrobe, being very much a casual kind of girl, and so I like to experiment with different trainer trends and try new styles.  This season Kurt Geiger have absolutely nailed the new kicks on the block and have an amazing collection for Spring/Summer.

This post is a paid collaboration with Kurt Geiger.

Coat - Bimba Y Lola (Similar here)

Jumper - Zara (Similar here)

Jeans - Sezane

Bag - Kurt Geiger

Necklace - Cinco

Sunglasses - Celine @ World Duty Free

Trainers - Kurt Geiger

Comments

1. 23rd February 2018 / 1:54 pm

This black coat is a real classic item and I love it :-*

• 10th April 2018 / 1:11 pm

hey each to their own Maria 😉 There are some things which I can’t wear because they bring back memories of something I was forced to wear I was younger at school so I totally understand x

• 10th April 2018 / 1:11 pm

tell me about it, I’m such a sneaker addict haha x

2. Natali
    23rd February 2018 / 4:28 pm

Looking so cool in this boyish and sporty outfit! Love your sneakers and bag!

3. Jennifer
    23rd February 2018 / 9:57 pm

Hey Emma! I’ve been eyeing the denim from Sezane lately. What are your thoughts on the quality, fit, and price? Are they worth it?

4. 24th February 2018 / 8:14 pm

LOVE IT! shuch a good style girl! xoxo

5. 24th February 2018 / 8:49 pm

Great everyday-look 🙂 I really like the bag.

xoxo from Munich
    Emilie
    LA MODE ET MOI

6. 27th February 2018 / 12:11 pm

The black coat is a must and I love how casual you made the look with those trainers!
    xx

The Black Blush

• 10th April 2018 / 1:15 pm

Thank you Adriana, I lived in that coat through Winter, such a classic x

7. 27th February 2018 / 5:19 pm

Love this whole look! I was never such a sneaker (trainer) girl but in the past year my feet have come to hate and torture me and if I’m not wearing the MOST cushy comfy sneaker I am in absolute misery, so I’m looking to update my footwear to ALL SNEAKERS. Ha. Mostly. I can sneak in a low bootie ONCE in awhile. But these are so great looking – very modern and a step above your average trainers. I’ll be looking for something just like that!

That bag is super darling, too.

Bettye

• 10th April 2018 / 1:20 pm

Oh Bettye I totally feel ya, I tortured my feet in my 20’s with some very questionable footwear choices, and there’s now nothing better than a pair of, as you say ‘cushy’ sneakers x

8. 3rd March 2018 / 3:56 am

I have recently discovered you on u-tube and I am obsessed with your whole vibe. I myself like casual looks nothing frilly and bright for me! But I do throw in the odd pop of Color. I just ordered the round metal ray bans you wear and I sure hope they look as good on me as they do on you. You are my inspiration and I love watching you with your babies. Cheers from Canada❤️

• 10th April 2018 / 1:36 pm

Thank you so much Andrea, glad to have you along for the ride! They are by far my most worn sunglasses, I swear they suit everyone…so don’t let me down 😉 haha x

9. 21st March 2018 / 10:58 pm

Those sneakers are an absolute dream, and so is the bag! Also, I totally agree that the coat is an absolute staple in the wardrobe, so I’m really considering to get one for next year myself!

xx, Valeria

• 10th April 2018 / 1:37 pm

Do it Valeria! Every girl needs a classic black coat as a staple for her Winter wardrobe 😉 x

10. 22nd March 2018 / 10:13 am

I do love a casual chic look and trainers are my absolute fav. You rocked the style!

• 10th April 2018 / 1:43 pm

Thanks Timi, you can’t beat a good casual look, for real life x

• 10th April 2018 / 1:43 pm

haha it’s cool right 😉 x

11. 4th April 2018 / 11:21 pm

Gotta love a chic sneaker look!