Munich, Germany

Layers In Munich

Photography by simon Creasey

Firstly my apologies that this post is a day late, I had a busy day yesterday and unfortunately didn't get around to editing/writing.  Let's rewind to last week where Simon and I made a flying visit to the beautiful city of Munich to visit Simon's brother and his now finance.  We've been to Munich a few times, one of the perks of having family live in another country, and I absolutely love it there.  It's such a peaceful city, it rarely feels busy (apart from during Christmas around the markets) and the people don't look constantly 'harassed' like the faces of most Londoners (myself included).  My only niggle with this gorgeous city is the temperature.  I know Munich isn't the coldest city in the world, far from it but every time we go it's bloody freezing. Mental note: visit during Summer.  Temperatures were around -2 to 5 degrees during this most recent visit and luckily we had one full day of sun which warmed the cockles but I do often find it tricky (not impossible) to pack for Munich.  I want to look stylish but I also want to be warm and getting those two components together in one tiny carry-on can prove to be quite the challenge.

I wore my favourite camel alpaca wool coat to travel in, it's incredibly warm and it's long so it covers most of my legs and then I used my suitcase for the layers.  In my most recent video over on YouTube; my monthly High Street Haul I featured this brown check blazer as one of my new wardrobe additions in January.  The neutral tones sit perfectly with the camel colour of the coat so I doubled up on my outerwear by layering one over the other.  A relatively thin ribbed high neck top sat underneath and my usual thermals under that, this was onion layering at it's finest 😉

Stay tuned for the Munich vlog which will be up on my YouTube Channel this Wednesday and check out my most recent haul video if you've not already seen it x

Coat - & Other Stories (wearing size 8)

Blazer - & Other Stories (Wearing size 38)

Ribbed Top - H&M (Wearing size 10)

Jeans - Levis

Bag - Loewe

Necklace - Cinco

Earrings In First Holes - Shashi NYC

Earrings In Second Holes - Shashi NYC

Earrings In Third Holes - Maria Tash

Earring Worn In Cartilage - Shashi NYC

Scarf - Hush

Sunglasses - Le Specs (Affordable alternatives here and here)

Boots - Topshop

1. Jade M
    6th February 2018 / 1:09 pm

Looking fab as always, always look forward to your blog posts! FYI The thermals link goes to an M&S lamp x

• 6th February 2018 / 2:16 pm

haha how random, I’ve just changed it to the correct link 😉 x

2. Emma
    6th February 2018 / 3:03 pm

Euf! The trials and tribulations of trying to look stylish whilst remaining warm. Something that ends up with me looking like a bag lady and not at all stylish and chic like you! xx

3. 6th February 2018 / 5:35 pm

Love these pieces together!!! Especially the coat!

Judith really does go with everything

• 8th February 2018 / 4:53 pm

haha she does indeed, she’s such a sweetheart x

4. 6th February 2018 / 6:58 pm

Emma this blazer since I saw it o your haul I absolutely love it!

Areli // Areli’s April

• 8th February 2018 / 4:54 pm

It’s hard not to love a blazer this perfect haha 😉 x

5. 8th February 2018 / 7:28 am

It’s such a pretty city! I first went in the dead of winter, back in my backpacking days. Very green at 18, I was all alone and I remember I booked a tour out to the nearby castles, which left from a bus stop near the main square at 9am. I was SO scared I’d miss the tour that I made myself get up at 6am, and make my way to the bus stop. It was still dark out, nothing was open and it was snowing heavily! I got there before 7am and had to wait for two hours in the snow. So silly!! I remember hiding inside a phone booth to ward off the snow/ wind. Just pitch black with the mild glow of orange street lights through the snow. I had the best day on the tour so it was all worth it but when I visited again 8 years later in summer, I found the spot I’d waited at and could not help but think of how silly I’d been. Lucky I had a wool coat, long thick scarf and thermals that morning, though none were as stylish as yours!
    xx Jenelle

• 8th February 2018 / 4:55 pm

That’s so lovely that you went back to the same spot. We all live and learn and I had a Naff Naff bomber jacket when I was a teen so proof that we all do stupid things when we’re young haha x

6. 9th February 2018 / 2:41 pm

I don’t usually layer.. because I am honestly not very good at it. You created this outfit and it looks so effortless, and warm without being bulky. Bravo… bravo :}

7. 15th February 2018 / 9:47 am

Bloody love that coat Emma!

Fab pics Simon! 🙂 x