SNEAKER DIARIES: The All Leather Converse

It's been a fair old while since I last posted a Sneaker Diaries post but since starting my YouTube channel, styling outfits with sneakers/trainers has been one of the most requested videos I've had.  Although I haven't had chance to film a Lookbook for YouTube yet I did decide to reignite the ongoing series with a new post.  If you're not familiar with my Sneaker Diaries series then there are lots of posts for you to catch up on and all outfits are styled with...yep, sneakers.

My white all leather Converse haven't yet been featured in a Sneaker Diaries post so today their making their debut.  They were a new purchase of mine back in October and I bought them for going away on our US Road Trip around New England in Autumn.  Whenever Simon and I go away I always take a pair of Converse and they get trashed whilst we go hiking and adventuring, and as I'm not one of those people that particularly likes a 'rustic' looking pair of Converse they usually go to charity as soon as we get home.  I figured an all leather pair might be a bit more practical (even in white) because leather is so much easier to clean, and I must admit, these coming up like new with a quick sweep of a damp magic eraser (one of my wardrobe & household tools I couldn't live without).  I wore this look earlier on this week when we had a lovely sunny day and despite being a little nippy, the temperature resembled that of a day in March.  The Trench Coat is a classic, a wardrobe staple and something I will always have in my Capsule Wardrobe.  It's the perfect go-to for Spring, so if you haven't yet invested in a trench then keep your eyes peeled to pick one up before next season starts.  A super cosy brown cashmere jumper layered over a thermal top keeps me warm under the trench and a pair of non-ripped, full length (now there's a surprise) light wash jeans were my denim of choice.  It's a very casual, weekend-ing look made up of basics with a slight pop of colour from this red Saint Laurent tote bag.  Simple yet effective, always my motto.  You are also catching a sneak preview of my new Maria Tash piercings, but if you want to catch the full story then catch that over in next week's vlog (up on Wednesday) over on my YouTube Channel.

FYI: For anyone wondering why I've chosen to use the word Sneakers (American) over Trainers (British), it just had a better ring to it.

Trench Coat - Next (Old but similar here and here)

Jeans - Re/Done (true to size, also available here)

Sweater - Cashmere 360

Bag - Saint Laurent

Sunglasses - Celine (Similar high street version here)

Sneakers - Converse

Sheepskin Insoles - Amazon

Earrings in First Holes - Shashi

Earrings in Second Holes - Shashi

Earrings in Third Holes - Maria Tash at Liberty (Similar Maria Tash style here)

Earring Worn In Cartilage - Shashi

1. Dorine
    12th January 2018 / 4:15 pm

Hello! I love sneakers as I have to walk long distances almost daily! Love the casual look. I have a question though (it’s almost a daily struggle, hah!) what to do with the laces? Tuck them away, or tie them..? Your advice is much appreciated! XX

• 12th January 2018 / 5:11 pm

Hey Dorine,
      I’m not sure if you follow me on Instagram but I did a little stay of how Simon hides his laces the other day. Depending on the style of trainers I’m wearing I either tie them or tuck them in. With Converse like these I tie them and sometime tuck the ‘bunny ears’ into the sides but I’m not all that fussed. But with other trainers like the Nike Theas I thread the laces in the reverse way through the top holes and then lie them flat on the bottom so my feet stand on them and they don’t come loose. Hope that helps x

• Dorine
        12th January 2018 / 7:19 pm

Hi Emma!
        Yeah I follow you on Instagram and I did see Simon’s clever trick with the shoe laces , but I hardly ever wear full socks in sneakers that will allow me to do that..! Thanks so much for your advice – when I was in high school it was such a massive fashion faux pas to tie the laces and leave them ‘hanging’! Now that I am (sort of!) an adult I still feel the need to tuck them in but that’s not always the most comfortable option. Glad to hear that it’s okay to tie them and leave them ‘out in the open’! Thanks again, you’re such an inspiration! X

• 14th January 2018 / 4:57 pm

haha yep fret not, bunny ears are totally acceptable lol

2. Laura Covolus
    12th January 2018 / 6:36 pm

Leather Converse is such a good idea. I too hate beat up sneakers. Do they have enough support for walking around all day? Im planning a trip to London in April.. I am thinking on bringing a pair, but have never had Converse before ( I KNOWWWWWW the horror) !

• 14th January 2018 / 4:45 pm

Converse are complete flat bottomed, they have no arch support at all so if you want something with support for lots of walking then Nike are the best for that. Or you could slip in some support insoles to a pair of Converse x

3. 13th January 2018 / 8:45 pm

Love the classic trenched paired with the cool trainers and red bag!

• 14th January 2018 / 4:53 pm

Thank you, you can’t beat a good classic eh 😉 x

4. 14th January 2018 / 8:34 am

Love the outfit buddy!
    I love converse on other people but I think Vans suite me better!
    Leanne –

• 14th January 2018 / 4:55 pm

Fanx dude. Oh I do love a good pair of Vans too, those soles are too ‘squishy’ not to love 😉 x

5. 14th January 2018 / 2:40 pm

Totally agree on the trench coat being an essential, especially in Scotland when it rains from January to July. I need to pick one up.

• 14th January 2018 / 4:56 pm

Oh crikey! I really want to visit Scotland, never been and it looks so beautiful, but I hate rain…like really HATE it lol x

6. Abby
    15th January 2018 / 8:05 pm

Hey Emma,
    I have these sneakers and they are so lovely. How do you keep the all white leather clean?? It is so tricky.

• 15th January 2018 / 8:50 pm