Socks are Cool

Emma Hill EJSTYLE wears Black wool coat, cropped jeans with black socks, white converse, chic winter outfit

Cropped jeans are possibly one of my favourite things in life and if you've seen my denim collection video then you'll have seen my rather plentiful collection of crops.  That said I'm really not prepared to let my ankles freeze this Winter and I'm sure you're all with me on this matter.  Luckily for us socks are in fact, "cool".  Yep this season it's totally acceptable to commit what would have been deemed a 'sock crime' in past years.  My personal style very much revolves around being comfortable and practical as well as (attempting) looking chic and relatively 'put together' so this new sock revolution pleases me greatly and indeed allows my cropped denims to remain in my wardrobe through Winter.

In terms of socks, I'm wearing these black heatgen technology ankle socks from trusty M&S and do the trick when it comes to keeping my feet and ankles warm.  However our temperatures here in London are still pretty mild so i'll be amping up my sock game to wool, cashmere & thermal as the months progress and the temperature drops.

Coat - Bimba & Lola

Sweater - French Connection

Jeans - H&M (Old but very similar here)

Socks - M&S

Shoes - Converse

Bag - Mulberry via Bicester Village

Sunglasses - Celine

Cross Necklace - Cinco

Round Necklace - Vanessa Mooney

Comments

1. Debi Gates
    14th November 2017 / 3:27 pm

You know I LOVE your style, but I’m not sure about the socks and cropped jeans??? Maybe I just need a little time to get use to the look. Either way, your still my style guru!

• Debi Gates
      14th November 2017 / 3:28 pm

“you’re”! Ha ha

• 17th November 2017 / 8:31 am

exposed socks won’t be for everyone, but they’re definitely for me 🙂 x

2. Gloria
    15th November 2017 / 5:40 am

I’m with Debi on this one. I love your style,always, but the dark socks, white tennis shoes and frayed jeans, ummm, I don’t know? Sorry . You’re still my go to fashion queen

• 17th November 2017 / 8:27 am

haha that’s fine, it might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I love it and it’s practical 🙂

3. Madison
    16th November 2017 / 1:51 pm

Love your style and this look! I live in Toronto and sacrifice my ankles to the cold but this look is so cute!
    Any chance do you have another pair of jeans similar to these you would recommend? The HM ones are sold out.
    Thanks! Xo

• 17th November 2017 / 8:30 am

I find weekday jeans are similar to H&M as they are part of the same company, you might just have to fray the ends yourself as I can’t find an identical pair to these. The most similar are these: http://bit.ly/2zJZ9O4 x

4. 17th November 2017 / 8:54 pm

I’m loving this trend… my ankles have been cold the last few years!

Laura | roseandweston.blogspot.co.uk

5. Sara
    22nd November 2017 / 6:43 pm

Socks have always been my favourite winter accessories, I personally love them with vans or converse and I think that the colourful ones (olive green, camel or maroon, not really crazy colours haha) add a pop of color to my outfits… Anyway I think this look suits you perfectly as usual!