London, Notting Hill

Khaki Jacket & Stripes

Emma Hill wears khaki utility jacket, black white stripe t-shirt, cropped flare frayed hem jeans, canvas wedge espadrilles, Simon Miller tan suede Bonsai bag, casual Spring outfit

You’ll always find me discussing my favourite go-to combos, because, well they are my favourites and my go-to’s and this is after all about my style.  You all know by now that I’m a big ambassador for the jeans-tee-blazer combo and today’s outfit is probably a more casual version, substituting a blazer for this khaki utility jacket.  Much like the camo jacket, I think a plain khaki jacket is an essential piece to have in your wardrobe and teamed with another classic; a striped t-shirt, this makes for a great casual look.  Team with your favourite jeans and a pair of trainers for a super casual look or for summer add in some wedge espadrilles as I have done here.

As this week was a Bank Holiday, errr, thanks for that Jesus 👍🏼 the 5th post for this week will be live tomorrow so make sure you come back and visit for my latest ‘Top 5’ post.

Simon Miller tan nubuck suede Bonsai bag with ring handle, khaki utility army jacket, stripe t-shirt, denim, wedge espadrilles

Jacket – Next

T-Shirt – H&M

Jeans – Dr Denim

Sunglasses – Ray Ban

Bag – Simon Miller

Horn Necklace – Missoma

Shoes – ASOS

Comments

• 24th April 2017 / 6:51 am

There’s no better combo right? x

1. heyha19@gmail.com
    23rd April 2017 / 10:43 am

Hi
    What size of your Dr denim jeans, please???Thank you.

• 23rd April 2017 / 6:25 pm

mine are a 27″ waist and the longer leg length as i’m 5ft 9 x

2. Adi
    23rd April 2017 / 3:05 pm

I ordered these jeans as I love the look but at 5’2 they are a few inches too long. Not sure if I could just cut them at the bottom and still get the same effect?

• 23rd April 2017 / 6:26 pm

yes totally, just cut a bit more off the bottom, they’re raw hems anyway 😉 did you order the shorter leg length?

• Adi
        23rd April 2017 / 6:40 pm

Thank you for your reply. I ordered 24 inches which was shortest length and I thought would be perfect. I must measure them just in case they have sent me a wrong length. It’s nearly full length on me. I just can’t carry wide legged trousers unless they are cropped.

• 24th April 2017 / 6:53 am

Yes good idea to measure them just in case. If they are the shorter length I would just trim a little bit off to make them the length you want. You’re lucky you can do that, for me I have the opposite issue and I can’t go and glue an extra bit of fabric on the bottom but that’s why I’ve literally worn these every day because the length is finally just the right crop, rather than being up by my knees x

3. Liane
    24th April 2017 / 9:37 pm

Hi,
    May I ask if the jacket is exactly the same colour in real life as it is in your photos or is it much lighter? Also, is it very large? Am afraid that even a size 6 may be on the generous size and as I live abroad, not sure if I can deal with the hassle of returning etc.
    Thanks very much