London, Notting Hill

Pretty In Pink

Photography by Debs

Pink has never really been my colour of choice but when I saw this chunky blush knit  I was drawn to it.  I started thinking about my options for how to wear a pink jumper and when trying some looks on I soon realised that bleach denim was clearly the best match for such a feminine shade.  I always like to counteract a feminine outfit with something the polar opposite.  In this case I needed to offset the blush tones with denim and rips by teaming the knit with my favourite boyfriend jeans.  Grey is also a great colour to team with a variety of pinks so these grey velvet boots had their first outing with this look and I dusted off my Stella McCartney 'Falabella' bag which has been hiding in the darkest depths of my wardrobe for some time.  Finally to layer some warmth over the top I opted for this black cocoon coata wardrobe classic and a staple I can't live without for the colder seasons.  I thought black might have been too harsh but actually it works, and I love the stark contrast against the pastel colours.

Will you dare to wear pink this season?

Shop Pink Knitwear

Coat - Zara (Old but similar here)

Jumper - GAP (wearing size M, Also available in Grey)

Jeans - Levis (Style: 501 boyfriend. Also similar here)

Bag - Stella McCartney

Boots - Next (Also similar here)

Sunglasses - Rayban

Comments

1. 31st October 2016 / 7:30 am

Oh my gosh, I’m completely OBSESSED with that jumper! Since the pink trend has gone a bit crazy this year, I have loads of pink clothing in my wardrobe and now I’m thinking of getting a chunky knit as well. I love how relaxed this look is!

• 31st October 2016 / 8:36 am

haha, you’ve gotta do it, pink and chunky is the way 😉 x

2. Lilly
    31st October 2016 / 8:52 am

Do you think that colour suits a pale skin tone and blond hair?

Pretty on you emma!

Lilly from Austria x

• 31st October 2016 / 10:20 am

Morning Lilly, yes of course, actually blush pink is such a versatile colour 🙂 but if you’re not feeling this particular shade you could try more of a dusky pink, there’s a few options in the scrolling carousel at the top of the post x

• Elisabeth
        31st October 2016 / 10:52 am

I will try that pale bluswh knit 😉
        I´m soooo obsessed with knitwear this AW season 🙂

• 31st October 2016 / 3:14 pm

Oh yes, I forgot I had it, so glad I re-discovered it 🙂 x

3. 31st October 2016 / 2:43 pm

This knit is gorgeous! Now that it is getting colder, you almost have to change your whole wardrobe. This knits shape really contributes a comfy look and the pink colour brings out a feminine touch. Good choice! Working for an events promotion company in London where fashion events are quite a popular category, I am continually getting overwhelmed with all these choices in fashion and trends. You made it a lot easier for me, now I know this sweater it a must have item for me!

• 1st November 2016 / 5:17 am