London, Notting Hill

High Street Heroes

Photography by Debs

Since day dot I've always championed the high street and today's post should seriously demonstrate why.  Season to season trends come and go, labels that were big this season won't be so big next season and certain designers fizzle out after only a few months.  I don't know about you guys but I sure as hell don't have the money to throw away on over-priced designer clothes that won't see me through the next 10 years.  Bags, shoes, some accessories and of course those classic pieces (leather, denim, a white shirt etc) are an exception to the rule but when it comes to trend lead pieces the high street really hits the nail on the head.

Vetements, a french brand which over the last few months has become the 'IT' label amongst the Fash-Pack.  Famous for their oversized sweatshirts , sock boots and stepped hem denims it's certainly a brand that I 'get', but will I be spending any of my money with them?  No.  At least not when high street brands like H&M can re-create their denims for £39.99 (here).

Lets also take this bell sleeve sweater, £29.99, again from H&M (it's set to be a strong season for them).  Not dissimilar to this one from the brainchild of the Olsen twins; The Row.  So again, why must we feel pressured into spending obscene amounts of money when the high street can offer us a similar look at a mili-fraction of the price?

For my top tips on where to buy designer looking pieces you should see my recent post 'Where I like To Shop, Why and What For' where I give a run down on where I buy all of my trend-lead pieces.

Top - H&M (also available in a dress here) Wearing size 8

Jeans - H&M Wearing size 8

Necklace - H&M

Shoes - Senso wearing size 41

Bag - Celine via Vestiaire

Sunglasses - Ray-Ban via Sunglasses Shop

Comments

1. Andini
    15th August 2016 / 9:19 am

Totally agree! Can’t believe that jumper was from H&M, it’s absolutely perfect <3

Andini xx | Adventures of an Anglophile

• 15th August 2016 / 9:21 am

I know right, I literally melted when I saw it. H&M are going to the ‘the one’ for AW16 x

• Lilly
        15th August 2016 / 9:41 am

I have only found that jumper in burgundy?

• 15th August 2016 / 10:34 am

It’s sold out online in the navy. Try in store though as I saw loads in Oxford Circus the other day. It has to be a store which stocks the ‘trend’ collection and there aren’t many stores that have that. x

• LillY
            16th August 2016 / 10:07 am

Thank you – wish I could browse the store at Oxford – my mum tried the big store at the Graben in Vienna but they didn’t have Stock 🙁

Xx
            LillY

• 17th August 2016 / 9:55 am

Oh no, well hopefully you’ll get your hands on one soon 🙂 x

2. 15th August 2016 / 11:38 am

H&M are seriously killing it at the moment! I actually wrote a post yesterday about how surprised I am with them because I never normally shop there, but I’ve been wearing head to toe looks from them too recently!

Love love love the pants, what size did you get in them? I’m always a bit wary buying online!

Heather x http://www.atelierofstyle.co.uk

• 15th August 2016 / 9:46 pm

Yes they are, I went in again today and bought a few more pieces from the trend collection for my road trip. At the bottom of the post I always pop the sizes down of the items I’m wearing, but the jeans are a size 8 x

• 15th August 2016 / 9:47 pm

hahaaaaa, whoooop! x

3. 15th August 2016 / 4:44 pm

Love the necklace. I like to investment in long-term clothing but I definitely see a place for trendier pieces where you want to switch it up a little. That’s where I’ll turn to fast fashion i.e. Zara – love Zara.

• 15th August 2016 / 9:48 pm

my thoughts exactly x

4. Vicky
    5th October 2016 / 3:36 pm

The jumper suits you and shows off your figure ! Very nice, wonder if it will actually be cold enough for jumpers though ! Ha ha..I expect so..love your posts as always xx