Cruel Summer

Photography by Anna Hart

black leather biker jacket, white top, stepped hem straight leg jeans, straw shopper bag, wedge espadrilles, summer street style, outfit

Happy Monday folks.  I can’t speak for the whole of the UK but waking up in London this morning was pretty darn glorious, finally Summer may have just arrived.  I won’t hold my breath.  For the last few weeks we’ve had inconsistent weather and true to form the Great British Summer has wreaked havoc with our sartorial choices.

The biker jacket is often my best friend and companion throughout these tricky times and can turn an otherwise beach suitable outfit into something worth of city roaming in the rain.  Over the next week I’m hoping to grant my biker some annual leave but for now, here’s an outfit from last week when I went for lunch and catch ups with my Morocco buds; Anna & Lindsey.

stripe summer straw woven shopper bag

straw shopper bag, straight leg jeans, frill hem sleeveless white top, white nails manicure
black biker jacket, frill hem white top, woven shopper bag

gold layered necklaces, white frill hem sleeveless top, white nails manicure

white frill hem sleeveless top, straight leg jeans with stepped hem, biker jacket, straw woven beach bag, wedge platform espadrilles sandals, summer outfit

frill hem white top
white top, straight leg jeans with stepped hem, biker jacket, straw woven beach bag, wedge platform espadrilles sandals

white frill sleeveless top, light wash straight leg jeans denim, white nails manicure
white frill hem sleeveless top, straight leg jeans with stepped hem, biker jacket, straw woven beach bag, wedge platform espadrilles sandals, small arm tattoo

Jacket – Jaeger

Top – New Look
(Size Note: Mine is 2 sizes bigger, a UK 12, to fit like this)

Jeans – Topshop

Bag – H&M

Shoes – Pull & Bear (Identical here)

Sunglasses – Ray-Ban

Necklace – Forever 21

Comments

1. Lilly
    18th July 2016 / 10:08 am

Gorgeous!!!
    Every morning looking out of the window (here in Austria) – I really don´t know what to wear the whole day!

The top you are wearing is a size UK 12?

have a great monday!
    Lilly

• 18th July 2016 / 10:29 am

I hate it when the weather can;t make it’s mind up. Yes I got the top in a size 12 so it would be oversized and also slightly longer x

2. 18th July 2016 / 3:00 pm

I have this song in my head now.. It’s a cruel, cruel Summer…. haha! Love the outfit, especially the shoes xx

Tatyana x
    LAFOTKA

• 18th July 2016 / 6:32 pm

haha, I was listening to it as I was writing this post 😉 x

3. 18th July 2016 / 3:55 pm

The top and shoes look great on you 🙂 I’m not sure how I feel about cork wedges but I do like the top of the shoe 🙂 As for the biker jacket, I’ve yet to invest in a good one! I have a white, budget friendly one that I love the cut of. I’d love to replace it with a higher quality version.

• 18th July 2016 / 6:33 pm

Thanks Thuy, they’re not actually cork but espadrilles, I’m not a fan of cork either. You can’t beat a good biker jacket, it’s something you’ll have for years and years if you invest in a high quality one x

• 19th July 2016 / 7:41 am

The size 8 was tiny and I wanted it nice and baggy, and also a bit longer so it wasn’t so cropped. These shoes are life right now haha x

4. Lilly
    19th July 2016 / 12:10 pm

Which length size do you take on that jeans?
    I ordered the W30L32 – it didn´t fit at all..
    I´m a Uk 10 and between 174 cm and 175 cm tall

• 19th July 2016 / 12:40 pm

I’m 5ft 9 and a UK size 8. I got the size W26 L32 x

• Lilly
        19th July 2016 / 12:44 pm

Thank you!

5. 21st July 2016 / 10:50 pm

Each time you’ve worn these shoes in a post ive lusted after them, i think im going to have to just do it and get them! Make the most of the weather for the next few days we have it!

Dana

• 22nd July 2016 / 6:17 am

oh absolutely, they are such great shoes and super comfortable too 🙂 plus they go with everything x