London, Shoreditch

The Lace Cami

Photography by Gemma

white lace trim camisole, ripped jeans

It’s borderline underwear but you know what, I don’t care, the lace cami is a winner for me.  It’s such a useful piece to have in your wardrobe and once you start experimenting with them you will see how versatile they are.  I normally like to style my lace cami under a blazer, as seen in today’s look, with a pair of jeans.  If you want an edgier vibe then swap the blazer for a leather jacket and some black skinny jeans, it’s sexy without being too try-hard.  If you don’t want to flash that much flesh then layer a cami over a basic white t-shirt or under a low cut jumper just so the lace peeks through, these will give you a more subtle take on the look.

The Ultimate Feminine Piece

The lace cami has always been a valuable piece in my wardrobe, it adds a feminine touch to even the most casual or edgy of outfits. I love to team them with biker jackets and denim for a real rock chick look, or with a chic blazer as seen in this outfit.

If there’s no lace cami in your wardrobe then shop my top picks below…

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Blazer – La Redoute

Camisole – Mango

Jeans – Topshop

Sunglasses – Topshop

Necklaces – Forever 21

Bag – Jessica Buurman

Shoes – Aquazzura (Dupes here)

Comments

• 21st April 2016 / 5:04 pm

Thanks chick 😉 x

• 21st April 2016 / 5:04 pm

Thank you Sheridan! x

1. 20th April 2016 / 3:06 pm

Such a cool look! I love wearing lace camis with blazers and jackets! It just adds that sexy touch to an outfit, without it beeing too much 🙂

xx
    ALINA ERMILOVA | BLOG

• 21st April 2016 / 5:03 pm

there are some gorgeous ones around at the moment, I wear my black one all the time and i bought it about 3 years ago from Zara…I might need to invest in a new one haha 🙂 x

2. 20th April 2016 / 5:34 pm

Love this outfit, you look amazing! Definitely agree that it adds that perfect feminine touch to any outfit – definitely need to add one to my wardrobe!

forevabelle.blogspot.co.uk

3. Arabella
    20th April 2016 / 7:15 pm

That cami is so pretty! I remember getting my first white silk cami as a teen and it was my favourite top! Then my sister went and ironed it and burnt a giant hole in it…needless to say I cried for hours!

Great look and post!

ARABELLA.CO.UK

• 21st April 2016 / 5:01 pm

haha, oh noooooo! It’s at times like this that I am so glad I’m an only child 😉 x

4. Vicky
    20th April 2016 / 8:47 pm

Love a lace cami, I recently bought a blush pink one from river island. It was lovely till i put it in the wash and somehow just shrunk the lace underlay bit !! Ha ha. Iv missed your posts lately x

• 21st April 2016 / 5:00 pm

Ahhh thanks Vicky! Yes they are a little tricky when it comes to washing although I didn’t realise this one was amongst my whites and I bunged it in without realising on a normal wash and it came to fine and dried fine so might be worth baring this one in mind if you’re looking to replace your other one 🙂 x

5. Clare Russell
    20th April 2016 / 9:02 pm

Beautiful Emma!!!! I’ve just added a couple of the boohoo ones to my basket. Great inspo!

• 21st April 2016 / 4:59 pm

Brilliant! I’d love to see how you style them x

6. Adele
    21st April 2016 / 9:18 am

The cami looks gorgeous paired with the blazer & is a great nod to the lingerie trend.
    Hugs Adele xoxo

7. 21st April 2016 / 10:38 am

I love the idea of a cami, but I’m never sure what to wear underneath – bra wise. I expect bra-less is best, but my little guys are SO small, I fear I’d look like a teenage boy. But a strapless one always gives that funny line of the cup under the cami. And I guess straps would spoil it…… any ideas? x

• 21st April 2016 / 4:58 pm

Braless is 100% the way! Don’t are about being small, I’m an a-cup and actually when it comes to being braless the smaller the better! I use nipple daisies to avoid them peeping through 🙂 x

• 25th April 2016 / 10:01 am

Thanks Nicoletta x

8. Lilly
    29th August 2016 / 10:27 am

Hey Emma,

Hope you´re enjoying your Honeymoon right now 😉
    I´m a little jealous I must confess 😉

Just one question: is that jeans a length 32? Should this one be a cropped jeans? ordered the last one in my size (W30/L32) – fit is good – although I´m not sure about the length if it´s the same with yours as I´m quite tall as you!

Have a good time
    Lilly – from austria 😉

• 31st August 2016 / 2:42 pm

Hi Lilly, I ordered length 32 so they would be cropped, normally I would need a 34″ inseam x