London, Notting Hill

Finally Falabella

Photography by Amber-Rose

I’ve been lusting after the Stella McCartney ‘Falabella’ for years now, and you will have seen her popping up on many a ‘Wish List’ of mine over these years.  Well now, finally, thanks to FarFetch she is mine!

She received a very warm welcome over on Instagram when I announced her arrival earlier on this week, like a birth in the family, so thank you all for that, she’s now fully settled, playing with Faye and the other members of my bag crew 😉  For her first official outing I teamed her with my all time favourite charcoal grey blazer, a simple polo neck jumper and some black skinny jeans.  My Stuart Weitzman Highland boots finish the look off with a leg lengthening effect.

Does the ‘Falabella’ live up to the expectations I had now that she’s mine?  YES!  I know she’s not real leather but surprisingly that doesn’t bother me, the way that the fabric falls and how she sits is down to the fact that she is not made from leather.  I have seen many a ‘dupe’ of the Falabella and even some versions in leather and they just aren’t the same.  This fabric teamed with the weight of all that chain is a combo that cannot be replicated, there’s a physics to the way the bag drapes.  I wish I’d taken the Falabella plunge sooner, so if you are toying with the idea, just go for it!
I’m now searching for Falabella no.2, you know, but which one should I go for…..?

O U T F I T  D E T A I L S

Bag – Stella McCartney via FarFetch
Blazer – Zara (Similar here)
Jumper – Zara (Similar here)
Jeans – Topshop
Boots – Stuart Weitzman
Sunglasses – ASOS
Watch – Larsson & Jennings

Photography by Amber-Rose

S H O P  T H E  P O S T

This post was created in collaboration with Farfetch

Comments

1. Rach
    5th March 2016 / 4:29 pm

Such beautiful photography! You look stunning and THAT bag!

• 9th March 2016 / 5:55 pm

Thanks Rach, Amber shoots some great images and can you believe we even rushed this one, it took us about 4 minutes haha Yes bag is my new best friend 😉 x

2. 5th March 2016 / 4:59 pm

I’ve noticed that I prefer a structured bag but I’m happy that you finally got a bag that you really wanted. That feeling is great 🙂

3. 5th March 2016 / 6:02 pm

The fabella has always been on my wish list too! And in the grey with silver hardware, it’s so beautiful.
    I love your styling.

• 9th March 2016 / 5:57 pm

Thanks Georgie, I’m now officially addicted to this bag, I would definitely recommend investing in one! x

• 9th March 2016 / 5:59 pm

The bonus of this is that it can be made smaller by carrying it with the shoulder strap as the top part folds over 🙂 x

4. 8th March 2016 / 4:05 pm

Love this bag – the shape and the way it hangs is just beautiful and really unique
    Also love these photos! Good to know Spring is actually happening somewhere in the world – even if it hasn’t reached as far North as Newcastle yet!

Beaut outfit, as always!

Kitty | http://www.ClothesandStuff.co.uk

• 9th March 2016 / 6:00 pm

I couldn’t agree more, it’s such a great bag….only problem is, I now want another one haha. x

5. 21st March 2016 / 9:28 am

Perfect color! That bag look great in beige, black or grey. Other colors are too much;)