Lace On Leather

I feel another bout on monochrome-itis coming on!  Don’t get me wrong, I love colour, but there’s something so easy, perhaps even lazy about black and white.  It’s effortless, chic and is easy to shop for.  I am somewhat of a reverse magpie when it comes to shopping, I’m instantly drawn to monochrome pieces, but hey, it worked for Chanel.  I’ve added some texture in today’s otherwise rather simple look.  These textured faux leather shorts from ASOS are slightly nappy-esque in fit but I do love a good old paper-bag waist line and they do the trick here.  Taking a tip from Britney Spears circa 2008 and her hit (hmmm?) ‘Lace and Leather’ (no, it’s not just you, no one remembers it), I paired said shorts with this beautiful longline lace jacket sent to me from Quiz.  Voila!  Another two-tonal outfit is born.

T-Shirt – Primark (Similar here)
Shoes – Linzi (Similar here)
Items marked with * have been gifted

Comments

1. Anonymous
    15th July 2014 / 8:25 am

That jacket is beautiful! Just found your blog via lookbook.nu You have super style girl 😀

• 15th July 2014 / 4:24 pm

It’s way nicer than the picture on the website, so glad I chose it now 🙂

2. 15th July 2014 / 8:40 am

You suit monochrome so well, in fact you suit everything so well! x

• 15th July 2014 / 4:24 pm

Thank you love! Shorts are in the sale, go grab that bargain! lol

3. Anonymous
    15th July 2014 / 12:44 pm

Shit your hot! Marry me?

• 15th July 2014 / 4:27 pm

Now that’s a tempting offer, but on this occasion I’m going to have to respectfully decline. You see Mr (or Mrs?) Anonymous, I like to see the goods before signing up to a lifetime commitment.

4. Alex
    15th July 2014 / 2:08 pm

Adore the jacket, it’s so pretty and I imagine it’s not too hot for summer?

• 15th July 2014 / 4:28 pm

No Alex, it’s perfect for summer, very light and airy…that’ll be all the holes lol 🙂

5. 31st July 2014 / 8:13 am

looks nice on you !!!
    Check out Our Leather shorts custom made to order using your choice of design, size, and materials. We have Differen types of leather shorts like Women Leather Shorts With Button Fly, Football Style Women Denim, leather shorts with two pockets and six pockets for men etc. We are happy to make modification to our designs that include: selecting the colour of the buttons and the inclusion of lining and pockets. All of our Leather Vests deliver a unique look for your next leather event.